Science & Soul 2018 Conference Proceedings
Experience the passion, the brilliance and the inspiration of the 2018 Science & Soul Congress! The Congress Proceedings include a downloadable recording of each speaker, the full syllabus, as well as additional resources provided by our expert faculty.
"Never underestimate the power of one ... one chance to change the world of one person can begin to change the world." - Carla Saunders
SCIENCE & SOUL 2018 CONGRESS OBJECTIVES
Science & Soul brings together leading scientists, researchers, clinicians and educators to translate advances in our understanding of early life adversity, epigenetics and parental mental health into actionable improvements in the care of critically ill infants and families.
SCIENCE & SOUL WILL HAVE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON NEONATAL AND PEDIATRIC CLINICAL PRACTICE WITH THE FOLLOWING OBJECTIVES:
- To bring together international experts to catalyze and advance evidence-based practice in trauma-informed, age-appropriate neuroprotective care of the infant and family in crisis across all healthcare settings.
- To create a mastermind group that will explore, brainstorm and create clinically relevant, evidence-based practice improvement strategies that ensure high quality, safe, timely, patient and family centered care.
- To raise the bar in the performance expectations of transdisciplinary neonatal and pediatric clinicians in meeting the disease-independent, age-appropriate needs of the hospitalized newborn, infant and family.
- To foster scholarship that will engage and empower frontline clinicians to begin a cultural transformation in their clinical setting that reflects the principles and practices of trauma-informed, neuroprotective care for infants, families, and clinicians.
Introducing Our International Congress Faculty
(Click the blue highlighted faculty names for a sneak preview of their presentation)
In addition to our internationally recognized keynote speakers Dr. Rosario Montirosso from Milan Italy and Dr. Heidelise Als of Boston Massachusetts, the conference faculty included experts across the US, UK and Europe.
- Marilyn Sanders, MD, FAAP Attending Neonatologist, Connecticut Children’s Medical Center. Professor of Pediatrics, University of Connecticut School of Medicine Fellow, Infant-Parent Mental Health Program, University of Massachusetts-Boston. Trauma-informed Care in the NICU: Promoting Safety, Security and Connectedness
- Amy D’Agata, Ph.D., M.S., R.N. Assistant Professor, College of Nursing, University of Rhode Island, Providence RI, USA. Stress, Toxic Stress or Trauma: What is the NICU Infant Experience and Should We Care?
- Thomas Kuehn, Neonatologist at Vivantes Perinatal Center Berlin-Neukölln and Manager of Neotrainer, Berlin Germany. Golden Hour – The Gentle Transition from Uterine Life and Neuroprotective Parenting in the NICU -The family centered care concept
- Thereza Valle E Vasconcellos - Head Nurse, NICU Hospital Sao Francisco Xavier, Lisbon Portugal. Skin-to-skin Care Versus Holding-in-Arms – A Parental Decision
- Alison Grant Physiotherapist Glasgow Children's Hospital, Glasgow Scotland, UK and Sara Russell Clinical Lead for Speech and Language Therapy Acute Paediatric services in Glasgow, Scotland, UK. Primary Prevention and Early Intervention: Lessons Learned from Neonatal Follow-Up
- Sue Hall BA, MSW, MD Neonatologist Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Pediatrix Medical Group, a division of Mednax, National Medical Group St. John’s Regional Medical Center, Oxnard California. Neonatal Intensive Parenting Units: A New Paradigm for Neonatal Intensive Care
- Isabelle Milette, NNP, President, Developmental care specialist and trainer, Montreal Quebec, Canada. Institutional Guidelines for the Implementation of Neuroprotective Care in the NICU
- Carla Saunders, NNP, DNP Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Coordinator at Pediatrix Medical Group, Knoxville Tennessee, USA. Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome: One Unit's Journey Caring for the Tiniest Souls Affected by the Opioid Crisis in the United States
- Christy Gliniak OTR/L, CNT, NTMTC, Spokane Washington, USA. Find your C.O.U.R.A.G.E.: Essential Strategies for Transformational Change in the NICU and Beyond
"When you Know Better, DO BETTER!"
- Maya Angelou
Whether you attended the inaugural Science & Soul Congress or not, this amazing resource is worth its weight in gold!
Purchase your 2018 Science & Soul Congress Proceedings TODAY and take advantage of this very special, limited pricing offer!
Take care and Care Well!